Test generator based
on Telelogic SDT(1)
(1)SDT is a registered trademark of Telelogic
The integration between Telelogic SDT tool suite and LSU+ provides
an innovative test solution for signalling interfaces of Telecommunication
This tool is the result of a successful cooperation between PRISMA Engineering
S.r.l. and Telelogic Italia S.r.l. and OBJ System S.r.l.
LSU+ handles physical connections and protocol stacks, SDT allows to develop
test sequences in a friendly graphic environment, using customised symbols
and signals to implement the various test sequences.
- Adding graphic SDL programming to LSU+ protocol stacks;
- User operation executed with meaningful SDL signals and sorts;
- Available adaptation layers for all LSU+ protocol stacks;
- Ideal environment for white box and entity test;
- Full integration with the complete Telelogic SDT tool suite;
- System simulator, MSC (Message flow diagram), SDL debugger;
- Concurrent operation with all other LSU+ applications;
- Mixing SDL with C-code available for any special testing
- Friendly environment that requires low training time;
- Uniform approach to analysis, design and testing.
An application example: GSM Abis Simulation
Real system layout
The simulated system (BTS & MS)
The software protocol structure
The LSU+ / SDT Adaptation Layer
The Adaptation Layer includes the decoding/encoding function that
handles in centralized way the conversion from Abis binary strings to SDL
signal with accompanying related data structures, with names aligned to the
relevant specifications (i.e. Abis Interface, GSM 04.08).
This conversion is performed with a library of functions that is generated
automatically on the basis of a special grammar that describes the structure
of the messages and the information elements.
The process is: